UNDERCOVER BOOKS ET CETERA
artists’ books and zines!
CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS
Undercover Books Et Cetera is a cache of handmade, self-published books, zines and other ephemera located inside Edmonton's safe house for critical thought and cultural production, The Drawing Room. By infiltrating Edmonton's newest bookstore, you can gather intelligence on small press and artist-made publications from across North America.
Your mission, if you choose to accept it, is to compromise your own titles of self-published and/or handmade books of writing and art by submitting a proposal today. If you sometimes put pictures and words onto paper, we recruit you to get your work’s cover blown at Undercover Books.
At Undercover Books, we accept ongoing submissions of flip books; chapbooks; pop-up books; comics; magazines; pamphlets; fold-outs; booklets; newspapers; insta-books; small press publications; zines; hand bound books; prints; cards; and artist multiples. We will also consider artists' writings, artists' magazines, audio works, DVDs, and digital works.
Please apply with a proposal for the opportunity to be in the Undercover Books Et Cetera Catalogue. Consignment rate is 50%. Send questions and proposals to firstname.lastname@example.org, or fill out the form below.
Your proposal should include:
1. Physical description and any images of the proposed title (content, format, materials, number of pages, edition size, if signed or numbered). Images should be in jpg format and no larger than 2 mb each.
2. Samples of previous work
3. Artist's name(s) and bio(s)
4. Pricing information including the proposed retail value, wholesale cost including materials, time, and shipping.
5. Publisher name and city (if applicable)
6. Publication year
7. A list of other retailers that currently carry the item
8. Contact info including e-mail or telephone number
Now accepting submissions for Summer 2016 until Wednesday, March 31, 2016 at midnight.
Thank you for considering this call and contributing to the proliferation and celebration of material culture. We'd love to hear from you!